Azure Cloud Development Operations Lead/Manager
Mobile Workforce Management – Irvine, CA
FieldConnect, Inc. an award-winning software company with a solid satisfied customer base, is looking for an Azure Cloud Development Operations Lead/Manager to join its team. Located in Irvine, CA, FieldConnect has provided mobile workforce management solutions for field service companies since 2002. Our powerful cloud and premise solutions enable real-time streaming of data between field technicians, customers, subcontractors and the back office, driving productivity, increasing operational efficiency and effectiveness, and igniting rapid business growth. This individual will be leading and managing a small team responsible for managing Azure Administration for FieldConnect’s suite of Mobile Field Service products. We are looking for an energetic, versatile, team player with great growth potential to support, maintain and improve software application development and deployment processes, tools, and computing environments. The Azure Cloud Development Operations Lead/Manager will be working closely with our developers and operations team to manage the continuous delivery of practices and principles aimed at building, testing and releasing software solutions faster and more frequently and improve the automation of software delivery pipeline.
- Responsible for the success of all the Development Operations processes, practices and activities.
- Maintain and improve software solutions delivery in an Agile team collaboration.
- Responsible for continuous integration and configuration management best practices for developing and deploying web applications.
- Responsible for branching and merging strategies to support multi-team and multi-release platform development work streams using TFS (VSTS/Azure Cloud Dev/QA/Release Mgmt)
- Responsible for finding the proper tools and implementing the processes that can automate manual tasks in software development, testing and deployment.
- Develop test automation tools and practices to ensure delivery of quality solutions.
- Develop and enhance Development Operations monitoring (Microsoft Operations Management, AppDynamics, or New Relic)
- Work closely with the IT team to ensure the integrity of organization data.
- Contribute in planning, designing and developing software development infrastructure growth.
- Independently debug applications and scripts to resolve issues.
- Management of Azure cloud services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields
- Core competency in Systems Engineering and Administration
- 7 years of experience in Development Operations role with systems design, engineering, and administrative experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in stabilizing production systems and infrastructure
- Experience with SDLC managing release of solutions to development, test and production environments
- 2-4 years of experience with Azure Cloud services
- Experience with ERP/CRM small/mid/large applications and associated technologies
- Experience with Team Foundation Services: source control, build and release management, access and permissions, merging and branching, maintenance and upgrades, customization.
- Experience in development of deployment pipeline
- Experience in configuration management
- Experience in Virtual Machines (preferably Azure VMs)
- Experience in PowerShell Scripting; working knowledge of ASP.NET / C#
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization
- Good understanding of infrastructure domain (DNS, TCP/IP, Load Balancing, Session Server, Security)
- Expertise in VPN and Virtual Network setup, configuration, and maintenance
- Experience in Office 365 administration
- Experience managing and optimizing Cloud-based Micro Services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience working with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Optimization for mobile devices a plus.
- Familiarity with Service Management processing (Service/Work Orders, Quoting, Agreements), a plus.
- Generous salary
- Health insurance and 401(k)
- Open, friendly and energetic professional office environment
This is a full-time, in-office position available to local Orange County, CA candidates only.